Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Few Words

Last night after I wrote my previous post I went to bed. I couldn't keep at it any longer, it was hopeless. The words were not gelling and I couldn't see through my tears. So I thought I would have a crack at it with a fresh head this morning. Not that my head is very fresh these days with an unsettled teething Bubbabo who wakes numerous times during the night. So whilst Bubbabo was happy playing and singing on his own this morning, I wrote Max's epitaph. The words finally came together.
So here it is, with names changed obviously. There will be a small camera icon above his name.

Max
Born 28-8-64 Died 11-5-10
Age 45

A loving husband to Vee and an adoring Daddy to Bubbaboo.

The love of the camera allowed Max to leave many memories
for his family and friends to continue to enjoy.
Forever.
Max will never be forgotten.

It has been sent to the cemetery consultant now and hopefully the plaque will be ready in time for Max's birthday.  It was such a challenge and I am so glad it is now behind me.

I just noticed something....Should the word husband and daddy have a capital letter or not ?

18 comments:

Delenn said...

Beautiful. It is challenging to sum up a person with so few words, but you did great!

As for capital letters--I would capitalize both Husband and Daddy (they are important).

Kimberly said...

It's beautiful.

I'd say it's good to capitalize Daddy, because that's Doudou's name for Max. It would be okay to leave it lowercase but I like it capitalized. I wouldn't capitalize husband though.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

The "D" in daddy could be lowercase, but in the same way there is the president (any person who holds that post) and the President (referring to the current person in office), and since that will always and forever be his job, I would capitalize the D. He will always be Doudou's Daddy.

Much love, Vee. The epitaph is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Vee. Much love to you and Bubbaboo.

alicia said...

it's perfect!

Serenity said...

It's perfect. And fitting.

xxx

jill said...

Perfect.

IMO, you should leave the D and the h as you have them above.

maytey said...

It's just fine as it is. Well done Vee.

laurieb145 said...

Really beautiful Vee..hopefully having this done will ease your mind a bit.

S said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love it Vee, well done.
Leez xx

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about capital letters. It's just perfect as it is, and whoever reads it will know for sure that it comes from a loving heart, not from a repertory of standard epitaphs.

Kir said...

Oh it's just perfect,,,,well done my friend, it's beautiful.

xoxo

Jane said...

perfect and lovely and saying so much x

~stinkb0mb~ said...

I would capitalise both the D and the H because he was both and both are very important roles - however this is pointless now as it's already gone off to be forever etched.

I knew he was young but seeing those dates, it just brings home HOW young he was.

I love your last line because it's so very true.

xxx

MrsSpock said...

I think it's lovely, just as it is.

Bea said...

It's a great epitaph no matter how it's capitalised. You definitely captured something specific and unique to Max within the short space alotted.

Bea

Gil said...

It's perfect honey. I think you did a wonderful job. As for the capitals... it really doesn't matter. Sure, you can get technical about it but if it comes from your heart, it means all that much more. Sending hugs and love to you and Bubbaboo. Always.