Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Great Outdoors

Thank you all for your love, hugs and thoughts. It was a particularly difficult day actually it has been a difficult week.

The weather is warming up and Summer is just around the corner. It is the the time of the year that Max and I enjoyed most. It was the time we did what we loved, got out there. Go to the beach, go on weekends away, go on photography excursions, have BBQ's and picnics and just enjoy each others company in the great outdoors. I know I am going to miss Max a lot more over Summer. I am sure there will be lots of reminiscing of good times had.

Bubbaboo loves being outdoors too and I am so grateful that he does. I want him to have a great relationship with nature.  I love taking him out, I love letting him pick the flowers, dig his fingers in the dirt or the sand, feel the grass in his toes, watch the birds or just sit by the river. He is so observant and takes it all in. He learns so much from being out there in nature and the elements. I am looking forward to going camping with him and getting all that fresh air, getting all grubby and going to bed exhausted.  We are very fortunate to live in a wonderful country filled with lots of natural beauty which allows us to enjoy it.

I am looking forward to my adventures with my Bubbaboo.  I just wish Max was here to enjoy them too. Before we had Bubbaboo, Max and I often discussed where we would take our kids on holidays and adventures, we would both get excited just talking about it. I still intend to do a lot of them but now instead of the three of us it will just be the two of us.


4 comments:

Kir said...

Oh Vee, those pictures are just melting my heart. Seriously what a wonderful little boy.

and I know that there are times of the year that I miss people I have lost more often than others...like it's Autumn here in the states and I miss my dad a lot..he died in the Autumn but he also really loved this time of year, and I feel him more now. I remember that is he is gone more now....

I know it's not the same...but I also know that a heavy heart is hard to carry around and I want you to know that I am hoping that you know we are here to listen and help you carry it. When you feel alone, remember we're (I'm) here.

your summer will be bittersweet , but we'll be here to share it.
xo

Bea said...

I hope you thoroughly enjoy all those places you discussed.

I'm sure summer will bring lots of new opportunities to remember Max. I hope it's not too painful to do so.

Bea

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Oh Vee... I love the pics!! I am sure that Max is there with you in spirit enjoying all the days that you have with your little man. I am sending you big hugs sweetie!!!

Cibele said...

I hope you have a great summer with your little man. Hugs, i can only imagine how much your heart miss Max and how you wish he was here. Love the pics